Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Scared

Why am I scared of EVERYTHING? I'm spending the night at Renee's cause Adam is "out of town" for work and we're watching tv. I just got SOOOO scared from a COMMERCIAL about psychic kids. I mean it's a freaky commercial. But I hate being this way!!! I didn't tell Renee this but I won't look out the window she is by cause I feel like I'll se a man standing there with a mask on and knife. (writing this is scaring me) When did I develop such irrational fears? How do such fears even develop? I have been like his ALL MY LIFE. Renee and Cliff used to have an intercom system throughout their house when we were little and sometimes they used to turn off all the lights and play the beginning of a song (which I don't remeber. The beginning was, as I remember it, a very evil laugh. So did my fear start here? Or was I already scared?

Below you will find a list of some of my fears...

- Waking up to a man, wearing a mask, standing beside my bed with a knife
- When I get home at night, I get nervous looking for my keys cause I feel like someone is gonna come up behind me, make me let him in, and rob then kill us
- Snakes, Lizards, Mice, Scorpions, Water Mocassins, etc.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Takeoff and Landing on planes (most of the time)
- Closed shower curtains. (Renee always knows when I've been over her house cause the shower curtain will be open) Ask not!
- Driving through a stop sign and hitting someone riding their bike or walking

...Just to name a few!!

Do you guys think I should see a psychologist? Sometimes I do. I don't wanna live with such fears....

9 comments:

renee said...

just for the record...for the LONGEST time i wondered who or how the hell those shower curtains opened! it drove me INSANE!

and what always freaks me out is hitting a deer...not kids. surprised?

Chrissy said...

hahahahah, michelle the funniest part of that whole post was when you said "i dont want to have such fears" that really made me laugh louddd

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, that is the funniest blog!!! i have minor fears similar to those, such as running up my basement stairs as fast as i can because i think i'm going to see a ghost sitting on the couch.

Anonymous said...

Unless these fears consume your thoughts and interfere with your daily routine, I don't believe you need to see a shrink.

--Cousin Farah

din-din said...

haha...they've consumed her entire life and do interfere with daily routines....like sleeping and opening her eyes. foof...i still run up basement stairs like a marathon sprinter no matter where I am! I wish i could hire someone to walk behind me-I hate having my back so open and vulnerable...oh crap, I'm giving mish more fears...

Mishy said...

oh don't worry dina, that's already a fear. I talk loud to whoever is upstairs and run like a mad women, but only on the way up.

marie antoinette said...

if i was a really evil sister, i would put on a mask one night and stand next to your bed w/ a butter knife.
but really...when i was little i used to be scared of irrational things but then i told myself that they were irrational and that god wouldn't allow something like that to happen.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mish,

Thought I should comment on yours since I'm up passed my nine o'clock bedtime and leaving messages for the rest of the family. You are not alone! I have the same fear where its lit inside and you can't see what is outside except a huge stranger wearing all black looking through the french doors..I once told Alteri that and he laughed,yet I still walk outside with my key ready to stab anyone who attacks. I think it's genetic. LOVE YOU!

Noor

the walking man said...

As one who has overcome more fear than there is hair on my head, beard included, I tell you get past one, just one of the fears you have, and the rest will go away on the breezes of time.