Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tough times

So times are tough now for a lot of people. So here is a link to help you guys save a little money here and there on things you wou may not think about. They're little savings but save a little here, save a little there and all the savings add up!

http://www2.oprah.com/omagazine/200803/omag_200803_saving_101.jhtml (sorry don't know how to make it clickable)


Do you think anyone can ever have too much money? I don't! BUT, it all depends on what you would do with the wealth. Today I visited forbes.com to look at different lists they have and I read a list about some of the flashiest billionaire's cars. There was someone on it with a net worth of $28 BILLION. (the world's richest, Warren Buffet, is worth $62 billion!!!) That is INSANE! I was talking to a friend about it and they said they would be happy with $1 million. And all of you know me, I'm not materialistic in the least bit but I have to say, I would be happier with $28 or $62 billion! I'm not saying I wouldn't be "content" with either but how can someone have too much money? I wish $28 BILLION was in my possession. Do you know how much good I could do with that? How many millions of people I could feed? How many people I can shelter and educate? This is what I mean when I say one can never have too much money. I'm really not being greedy. I mean, sure, I'd travel the world, do things I can only ever imagine doing now, and have tons of fun with it, but I don't think that's where the majority of the money would go. Not to myself.


If you wanna read about Warren Buffet and more of the world's billionaires: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/billionaires08_Warren-Buffett_C0R3.html

NOTICE: some of them are high school and college drop outs. See, school isn't for everyone. And one day, I'll be on, at least, the list of the world's top millonaires.

6 comments:

marie antoinette said...

i can't fathom those crazy numbers.

Chrissy said...

a lot of it has to do with being in the right place at the right time. education has little to do with it.

marie antoinette said...

are you kidding? education has a lot to do with most things. also, getting an education is beneficial not only for the purpose of getting a degree, but for the opportunities that come along while you're in school, i.e. meeting slews of random people, coming across information you wouldn't have otherwise, etc.

Anonymous said...

I think it's luck (for the really rich people). Education is very important, but it doesn't necessarily make you rich. I would never want that much money. Too many problems. And that's my 2cents!!

--Cousin Farah

din-din said...

I just need 28 or 62 DOLLARS.

Anonymous said...

If you were to look at the list of billionaires and see their history, you would notice that majority of them never even finished HIGH SCHOOL! not even college!!... If your gonna make a billion dollars, you better start early mo fucker.

-chrissy