Thursday, February 14, 2008

Help Keep Me On Track

As most of you are aware, I have been training with JJ for many months now and I've lost some weight, but not nearly as much as I should have. If I had hit all my weight loss goals each week I would have lost about 50 lbs by now. But I've only lost about 15. I'm not disappointed cause as everyone knows, I've made numerous half-assed attempts to lose weight in the past, to no avail. So losing 15 lbs and keeping it off is not so much a disappointment, I just know I could have done more.

Anyways, I'm reaching out to you for support! I should be at the gym at least every weeknight (except tuesday cause i have work meetings) and then one weekend day. I know I'm pretty good about going to the gym, but I know I get lazy sometimes so if someone (Reta! Renee!) can be my motivation and remind me that I NEED to go in order to reach my goals, that'd be great! You have been GREAT so far, and thank you for that! I know I should be able to motivate myself but as Paul McCartney and John Lennon once wrote, sometimes I just need "a little help from my friends"!

But also FOOD...My biggest downfall! I need to eat better! I have been more conscious of what goes in my body, but I know I still have work to do.

To make a long story short, I need friendly reminders every now and then! GRACIAS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little guilt helps. As long as you feel a little bad about it, you should keep on track. And we all lose track sometimes, but don't let it last more than a week or so. Just think about how good it feels after a good workout or after a week of eating right. It all pays off in the end and everyone struggles with it. Keep going. Work out 5 days a week, and changing your diet takes time. And don't focus too much on the numbers (lbs). You've lost weight and it shows. Keep going.

--Cousin Farah

Reta said...

Michelle, I have confidence in you. You are really good at completing all the workouts and barely complaining (um, unlike me, but I still think I am 100% justified in my argument). And the food? The food thing is hard for me, too. For me, it's the sweets and junk food that get me. But I have some new ideas, so we'll talk this week.