Monday, January 28, 2008

Saturday Night NOT Live...

NYC was a blast! There is SO much to do in NYC, it's crazy. That city really IS the city that never sleeps. But let me explain to you the REAL reason why it doesn't sleep. Cause who the EFF can sleep with cabs honking at each other 24/7, ambulances blasting their sirens and two drunk girls fighting outside your hotel???! I mean, people ARE walking around in the wee hours of the morning, but I'm convinced thats the REAL reason why the city never sleeps.

So I'm sure you're wondering what we did there, right? Well, read Renee and Marie's blogs soon for a full summary. I'm too tired and my throat hurts. But I do have enough energy to summarize the bar life! Haha!

Friday night: We met Omar (Marie's boss's son) in Soho at a bar called Naked Lunch. It was a nice place, not so big and very PACKED. Renee and Farah left after 20 minutes and I was contemplating leaving with them but didnt. The night started off slow but ended up being really fun. We met pretty much the whole bar. That's where I met Henry which you will hear about in my summary of saturday night. We closed the bar down and just headed back to the hotel after. Bars there close at 4. Why can't they close at 4 here?!? But then again, there is No bar here that I'd care to be at til 4 am!

Okay so on saturday night Nickole wasn't feeling well and Renee is old and married and Farah wasn't in the mood to go out so guess what....WE DID NOT GO OUT ON SATURDAY NIGHT IN NYC!!!!!!!!!! (hence my blog title: "Saturday Night NOT Live" I was SOOO pissed but I ended up hanging out with Henry from the night before so it worked out just fine for me. Thank you, Henry, for pulling through for me last minute!

Sunday night was an interesting night. We went to the Laugh Factory where we really did Laugh SOOOO much. After the show we walked a few blocks to a bar right by our hotel called Kevin St. James. We met some guys there that do scenery for NBC. We also met Bartender Mark. SUPER nice! He gave us all our drinks free the whole night, and we drank quite a lot. We left this bar to meet up with Omar again. We went to 3 different bars that were all dead and Marie wasn't feeling well so we dropped her back to the hotel and Nickole and I went back to Kevin St. James. We met Londoners that were fun. They were at the same hotel as us. The hotel we stayed at, the Paramount, was full of Europeans! It was really cool to hear all the different accents and languages. I'm sure you'll hear more about the actual hotel in Renee's and/or Marie's blog so be sure to check their blogs out! haha
The 2nd highlight of the trip took place last night/this morning: GETTING TO LIVE OUT MY DREAM OF BARTENDING! We stayed after the bar closed and I was telling Mark, the bartender, how I've always wanted to bartend so he told me to get behind the bar and make a drink! Thank you Mark at Kevin St. James for the opportunity to make Nickole a Cosmo! How fun! I know the picture is dark but it's from Nickole's phone:


That's a summary of NYC. The girls shopped, went to a museum, site-saw. I shopped a little, didn't do the museum or anything really touristy. I did, however, ride the subway alone, like a true New Yorker!

I need a vacation! Anyone wanna go somewhere? =)

5 comments:

din-din said...

omg how fun...how jealous...and mish the bartender! how exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Mish, it sounds like you had a great time however did you leave out ANY additional information? Maybe saturday night???

adam

renee said...

i love the bartender pic!!!

by yhe way, didn't u come back from vacation TODAY???

Mishy said...

Dina - don't be jealous, let's just go again! =)

Adam - minor details may have been left out. nothing important or blog-worthy. Thanks for asking though!

Renee - I'm always semi-depressed after vaycays, you should know this by now!

Anonymous said...

mish, i'm glad u had a good time. enjoy everything u can while u can and LIVE it up.

renee, u should talk my friend. u used to get depressed on ur last day of vacation...u weren't even home yet! lol remember those days?! :)